What is the minimum GPA required?
The minimum GPA requirement is 3.2 on the 4-point scale.
What is the minimum GRE score required?
The GRE must be taken within 5 years of the quarter you intend to enroll and the required scores are listed below:
- The minimum GRE score is 310
What is the minimum TOEFL score required?
The TOEFL must be taken within 2 years of the quarter you intend to enroll and the required scores are listed below:
- 90 on the Internet-based test
- 220 on the computer-based test
- 550 on the paper-based test
What is the minimum IELTS score required?
The IELTS must be taken within 2 years of the quarter you intend to enroll and the required scores are listed below:
- Overall band score of 7 with no individual section score less than 6
What are the Department codes for the GRE and TOEFL?
- University: 4839
- Department: 66 (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- University: R4839 (UC Riverside)
- Department: 1203 (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Is the IELTS accepted?
UCR accepts scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- The exam must be taken within two years of the time you intend to enroll at UCR.
- The minimum acceptable scores are: overall band score of 7 with no individual section score less than 6.
Please request an official Test Report Form (TRF) of your (IELTS) and have it sent to Graduate Admissions.
What are the deadline dates for the applications?
For off-cycle admissions (Winter and Spring), we highly recommend that students apply only if specifically asked to do so by a faculty member. There have been occasions in which students are admitted off-cycle but such cases are rare.
Can I still apply if I don't meet all of the application criteria?
The selection of qualified candidates for the Master’s and Ph.D. programs is based on an applicant’s qualifications as a whole. Therefore, an applicant’s GPA, GRE score, TOEFL or IELTS scores (international applicants only), statement of personal history, and letters of recommendation are all very seriously considered.
Occasionally, applicants are considered for admission if one of the above mentioned areas is slightly below minimum criteria. However, this is rare and only occurs when an applicant is specifically recommended by a faculty member and special circumstances justify the exception.
How can I find out more about fees and tuition assistance?
Fellowships and other financial assistance opportunities are available on the Graduate Division website
- What is the Department mailing address?
- Student Projects
- Financial Information
- Areas of Research
- Research Labs