The University of California, Riverside serves the needs and enhances the quality of life of the diverse people of California, the nation and the world through knowledge – its communication, discovery, translation, application, and preservation. The undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs; research programs; and outreach activities develop leaders who inspire, create, and enrich California’s economic, social, cultural, and environmental future.
With its roots as a Citrus Experiment Station, UC Riverside is guided by its land grant tradition of giving back by addressing some of the most vexing problems facing society. Whether it is assuring a safe, nutritious, and affordable food supply; stimulating the human mind and soul through the humanities and arts; or finding solutions to the profound challenges in education, engineering, business, healthcare, and the environment, UC Riverside is living the promise.
The mission of the Bourns College of Engineering is to:
• Produce engineers with the educational foundation and adaptive skills to serve rapidly evolving technology industries;
• Conduct nationally recognized engineering research focused on providing a technical edge for the United States;
• Contribute to knowledge of both fundamental and applied areas of engineering;
• Provide diverse curricula that will instill in our students the imagination, talents, creativity, and skills necessary for the varied and rapidly changing requirements of modern life;
• Enable our graduates to serve in a wide variety of other fields that require leadership, teamwork, decision-making and problem-solving abilities; and
• Be a catalyst for industrial growth in Inland Southern California.
The vision of the Bourns College of Engineering is to become a nationally recognized leader in engineering research and education.