Dr. Sheldon Tan
I received my B.S. and M.S. from Fudan University, Shanghai, P. R. China, in 1992 and 1995 respectively and the Ph.D. from University of Iowa, Iowa City, in 1999. Currently I am Professor at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Here are my latest curriculum vitae and short biography and my publication list.
I am the director of VLSI System and Computation Lab (VSC Lab) at UC Riverside. I am also the associate director for the Computer Engineering Program at Bourns College of Engineering. I am also a cooperating faculty member (co-faculty) of the Computer Science and Engineering department at Bourns College of Engineering.
In addition, I am the Editor in Chief (EIC) of Integration, The VLSI Journal, which is one of the primary journals in the VLSI design and CAD/design automation areas.
My previous website can be found here
VSCLAB Recent Research Highlights
- The new physics-based EM model for more accurate EM assessment and EM signoff
- GLU (with sources codes and examples) - GPU-enabled parallel LU factorization solver package
- More discussion on GLU solver can be found at GLU project.
Recent VSCLAB News
Job Openings in VSCLAB
- Also we have a few new Ph.D. student positions available for Fall 2018.
- Please see details for the openings at VSCLAB at Research Job Openings
- VLSI long-term reliability, resilient systems, fault tolerant computing, reliability-aware design and management at circuit and system levels
- Parallel and intelligent computing (deep learning) and analysis on heterogeneous and accelerator-rich (GPUs) platforms
- Hardware security and trusted computing
- Smart devices and embedded and cyber-physical systems
- Thermal modeling, optimization and dynamic thermal management at circuit, chip and board levels
- Statistical modeling and optimization for VLSI systems